We are very excited to announce the following upcoming workshops for the winter season of 2018! And as always, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook & Instagram for weekly shop updates.
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to get early notification of future classes and events!
Winter 2018 Workshops at KnitWit Yarn Shop
|Jan 27||10AM – 12PM||“Northman Mittens” class with Judy Warde (1’st offering)|
|Feb 10||10AM – 12PM|
|Feb 3||10AM – 12PM||“Mosaic Stitch Cowl” workshop with Karen Schilling|
|Mar 3||10AM – 12PM||“Northman Mittens” class with Judy Warde (2’nd offering)|
|Mar 17||10AM – 12PM|
Note, the “usual” KnitWit Shop Class Policies apply — upon confirming your spot in the class, prepayment is required and is non-refundable. Please Email KnitWit or stop by in person to register. If you email us to register, please provide your phone number so we may call you back for credit card info. Students receive a 15% discount on supplies for classes.
Northman Mittens class with Judy Warde
Back by popular demand, Judy’s Northman Mitten Class will return this winter! In this 2-session class you will learn how to create a beautiful pair of lined mittens. The pattern uses stranded color work and an alpaca lining to create three layers of cozy comfort. This is an excellent introduction to stranded color work if you haven’t tried it yet!
Skills Needed: Basic knitting skills such as casting on, knitting, purling, binding-off and working on double pointed needles.
- 2 contrasting colors of worsted-weight yarn (approx. 200 yds of each). We recommend Berroco Ultra Alpaca or Quince & Co Lark.
- Approx 250 yds of DK-weight alpaca yarn for lining. We recommend 1 skein of Amano Puna
- Bring an assortment of DPNs, from sizes US 2-US 4. If you are more accustomed to the 2 circ or magic-loop methods you can choose to use those techniques (but they will not be taught in class).
- 1’st offering dates: Sat Jan 27’th and Feb 10’th from 10 AM – 12 PM
- 2’nd offering dates: Sat Mar 3’rd and Mar 17’th from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Fee: $60.00
Mosaic Stitch Cowl workshop with Karen Schilling
Mosaic stitch creates a dramatic 2 color fabric without the fuss of holding 2 strands at a time. With a combination of knit and slipped stitches, the pattern unfolds before your eyes! Slipped stitches bring the color of the previous row up to create the look of multiple colors per row (colorwork made easy!) . In this class you will learn mosaic stitch in the round and be well on your way to finishing this cozy cowl.
Skills Needed: Basic knitting skills such as casting on, knitting, purling, binding-off and working in the round on a circular needle.
- Worsted-weight yarn: approx 100 yds for main color and 70 yds for contrasting color. Shown in Hikoo Simplinatural (gray/pink) and Woolfolk Far (white/maroon).
- US 7 16″ circular needle (or size 8 if you knit tightly).
- 6-7 stitch markers, with one being a different color or style than the rest.
- Date: Sat. Feb 3’rd, 10 AM – 12 PM
- Fee: $40.00